Off and On and On

Happy Sunday :) This week's post is a touch delayed, in fact, I'm writing it from work.

This week has seen the ramp up and actioning of my study plan. This is impressive for several reasons, the main being that I'm actually sticking to a study plan. Others include the idea that I've made a single, realistic study plan, that I've not rearranged thirty times as a form of procrastination. Huzzah!

Yesterday, also at work, I had a discussion with one of the assistants about "On time" and study, and I thought I'd relay the crux of it as my post for the week. We came to the conclusion that, when it comes to study, whilst it's essential to put time aside ('Off time') to ensure that you cover everything, the best time to take things in ('On time') may come at random, odd times. When they spring upon you, that is when the difference between average and amazing comes. If, during that time, you openly procrastinate, that's the recipe for disaster. It means that you're putting your most intense, creative, mentally active time into, say, playing a computer game. Just think how well one could perform with that intensity focussed on study. That's pretty much it, really.

The other thing I've been thinking a lot about this week is home. The second weekend in May is always a close family time for my whanau, and this year I'm celebrating it with a photo of my family home. I didn't take the photo, mainly because I haven't been back in Autumn for two years...

0 comments: