The colour of books

As predicted I watched quite a bit of Scrubs today. I also managed to start channeling the study vibe and really sank my teeth into Big Blue.

Big Blue is the standard book for Uni this year, and whilst it's not particularly well written, all the information's there. I mean all of it. Last year's book of choice was Big Red. There are a few other also rans that, well, without them you'd flounder but probably pass. You would, however, be crap at the job. They are along the lines of the Drug Book, the General Book and the Cards. My personal favourite addition to this list is the Kid's Book. Until today, it was my newest, too. Today, after a solid 3 months wait, my new version of HPIM arrived. It's in two volumes and has a CD and is bright and shiny an' all.

But back to today; I sank my teeth into Big Blue. I chewed through a whole chapter and actually made some quite constructive notes, which will be genuinely helpful tomorrow when we discuss in class. Hooray. Right then, photos (the real reason I've just rambled for two and a half paragraphs);

The first was taken last night at sunset. Ironically, tonight the camera was nowhere to be seen and the red and dusky pink clouds were amazing. As in, etched in my memory amazing. Meantime, the pic shows the bushes across the street and the distant light.

This second image was taken after dusk, at the other end of my house. It's the kitchen window, which reminds me a lot of the house that I grew up in, which had several lead-light windows. Few were this bright and cheery, however, this window also echoes another window at my brother's place, particularly for its 'above sink' placement and early morning warmth. The context I went for here was actually to light the way to the entry, with a hint of what's inside.


So, next time I'm here, I might mention a little bit more about me. Because keeping it all so damned secretive is not only stupidly hard, it means that sometimes this all lacks a bit of context. I also plan to clarify an earlier goal. Huzzah! Until then...

0 comments: