All roads lead to Rome II

By now, I'm somewhere in Italy. I've done London and Paris, and it's been freezing. Not even four years of South Island winters could prepare me for the harsh icy cold of a European winter. It's wonderful!

The lack of light (both sun- or day-) is, however, quite familar; I know that I'm a Heliophile in this kind of climate, but back in Queensland I shy away from it, unless I'm on the sports field.

I've also spent countless hours sitting on trains. I love trains with their within/without nature and their unique thinking space; a few weeks ago Buckeye Surgeon wrote about Post-modernism. It's a truly insightful piece, and was certainly mulled over during the long hours on the tracks.

1 comments:

    I like trains as well. As long as they are not in communist countries where you are woken up at 4am by the conductor yelling at you that you are 45 minutes away from your destination - and then again 10 minutes later....
    Doing a train trip in India is in my 5 year plan...