The Razorback Challenge

Being a glutton for punishment (and a fan of the Krypton Factor), I've set myself an End of '09 physical challenge to work at after next week's GP Rotation Exams.

The challenge is to ride up The Razorback before 30th December. It's one of the steepest, most brutal hill-climbs on The Coast. Razorback is a 5300m ride at an average of 7.9%. This is the route;The Razorback was my climbing 'trial by fire' several months ago; it scared me off when I unceremoniously popped with a kilometre to go. Admittedly, my technique was awful, gearing atrocious and I was frankly unfit. This week I tried again and despite thousands more kilometres and over a dozen good climbs in the legs, I popped again. At the same corner.

The gauntlet has been laid; Razorback by Dec 30.

I thought I'd blog about the challenge not only to spice things up, but also to keep accountable. I also suspect self-induced suffering could make for interesting reading and some good photos, too. I'll post updates weekly on Wednesdays up until 30th Dec; 40 days left!

1 comments:

    Best of Luck! Looking forward to reading about your progress.