Razorback Challenge: Week 1

I can't tell if Razorback's exposing a physiological or psychological deficit. Obviously, I'll need to ameliorate both to complete the challenge. There's certainly something about the 4km corner; it's the pincher and the popper. A few of the blokes in the Coast Cycle Club reckon the corner had a 35% gradient. Regardless, Razorback's last 1500m doesn't drop below 8%.

Admittedly, I haven't been back to The Razorback yet. I'm prioritising exams this week, so time with books and computers wins out over spewing up hills.

That being said, I'm not completely sitting around at home; I've been ridden the longer, 'flatter' Palmwoods-Montville Rd a few times weekly for the month. It has slightly different properties to Razorback, and finishes just down the road;

Today I rode a new personal best, at 20mins 40sec, a full minute faster than my previous fastest time. So, my climbing has improved and exams start tomorrow.

Current score (unchanged); Capt. Atopic 0, Razorback 2.

0 comments: