All Black Supporter

Tonight I'm watching the Bledisloe Cup Opener, and as always, I'm cheering for the All Blacks.

Technically, I've got few reasons for supporting the All Blacks. Sure, I played rugby for a season or two in New Zealand, and I everything I know about Rugby I learned in NZ. Oh, and until the age of 18 I despised Rugby and most things associated with it.

But, I'm an Australian. I was born here, I live here and the only ties I have to NZ (aside from half my family living there, which, granted, is quite significant) is a dirty great student loan.

So, why support the All Blacks? Because kiwis are crappy supporters. They're less than humble in defeat and they'll bag out their team for weeks or months after a loss. I support the All Blacks whether they win or lose, play well or like muppets. And I'll still support 'em next time, too.

If I was a professional sportsman, that's the kind of supporter I'd want.

Right, time for the Haka; Chur Bro.

1 comments:

    of course in the tri nations the springboks are going to show the all blacks a thing or two about rugby.;)