Plane contemplation

Yo. What's Cracking? This is apparently my greeting of the moment, having unwittingly adopted the phrase in reference to the Beastie Boys' "Rhyme the Rhyme Well";

"Went to the top, and never went pop,
an' came back down; we're still not stoppin';
I'm not even asking "Yo! What's cracking?"
Servin' MCs on a platter like a baked alaskan"

Thanks Mike D.

Anyhoo, I've managed to hit the road for a break in the last few days, up to the Sunny Coast and down to Sydney; these two photos pretty well encapsulate the travels.

Firstly, this is taken at Sunshine Beach. The whole experience was a sublime opportunity to relax with good friends. As per usual, a slightly nerdy air was invoked in passages, but hey, it's a vocational course. Best of all were the chances to contemplate +/- fresh air.


Secondly, this is me at Sydney Airport. Today was a whirlwind/lightning tour and a good chance to catch up with family, young and much older. It was quite relieving to see that, by and large, my family is happy, healthy and doin' well! It also gave me a good insight into the notion that 'sushi trains' can actually be quite classy, after previously having this concept obliterated by the good folks in Toowong. The image is more channeling that trance-like state that comes with being 'In Transit', especially when there's more waiting time than flying time.


As you may have guessed by now; I'm not totally au fait with the pictorial self-exposure that goes with most blogs. That's in part due to the desire to keep just a wee bit untraceable, but also because I'm likely, at some point, to make bitchy comments about what people wear. Deal with it. So, I'm slowly getting to my thought of the day, though, and that is; Can one have the skills of wit and charm without simultaneously having equal ability to create cutting, nasty insults in a flash?

0 comments: